Monday, September 21, 2020|
Friday, October 16, 2020
PART TIME POSITION
To support people who have an intellectual disability to
achieve their personal goals and facilitate relationships, skills and roles
which promote people’s effective participation in the typical and valued life
of the community.
Community Living Supports Supervisor
- Weekends, Evenings, Overnight
- Supporting a person with an intellectual disability to participate in their community
- Engaging with the person and providing them with various options for community & recreational activities and outings that will interest them
- Assisting the person to participate in activities of their preference and choice
- Minimum of two years experience working with people who have an intellectual disability preferred
- DSW or equivalent preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support behavioral needs and protocols
- Previous experience providing support to people who have a mental health diagnosis, and dealing with high anxiety situations
- Ability to work independently providing one-to-one support and as a team in a group living setting
- Experience in providing respectful personal care
- Training in dispensing medication
- Ability to operate large vehicles such as an accessible mini-van
- Good written and verbal communication scales
- Ability to engage with and captivate people that do not use words to communicate
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Experience caring for individual with medical and physical needs
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 5 months
Community Living Central York is an
equal opportunity employer which welcomes and encourages applications from
people with disabilities.
We are committed to accommodating applicants with
disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if
you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we will only be considering those applicants who are not currently working in other congregate care settings (i.e. hospitals, LTC, other group living agencies) in accordance with the provincial directive. Please advise if you are currently working in this type of job. You may be considered for future opportunities.
New employees will be fully trained on all IPAC measures, including Personal Protective Equipment and precautionary measures the organization has put in place to protect employees and the individuals we support from Covid-19.
Start Rate - $14.54 Job Rate - $18.95
Please send resumes to Jennifer Cracknell, Human Resources Generalist by email at [email protected]